Monday, April 6, 2009
Future Continuous tense. . . An enlightenment at the right time of a looong day!!
Last evening as I walked down the road to Arena, a lot of things were up there in my mind..I did not realise that I did'nt have a morsel of food the whole day. However my legs carried me to the places where I wanted to go. I had the power point set up and I cld see that my students were restless. Lost my temper when one of them started off with the thirsty crow when I asked him to speak up! Can U imagine that..! I ask him to speak on some good stuff and he and his thirsty crow ! and the funniest part is that his version had the crow committing suicide cos of deforestation...! That was enuf for the steam to shoot up! Anyhow I had to do my job and I was teaching them tenses after a short session of blasting ! I could see that all of them were taken aback cos they had not got a taste of my temper till now! When it finally moved to what future continuous was I felt my energy was draining out. I hoped for the future and I somehow did not like the word continuous.. It seemed dragggging.. just like my life now.! I was about to give up when one of my students came up with a very motivating thingy. . .! He said," mam, can we use the word 'progressive' instead of continuous"? Lights! Camera! Action! I was energised! And I was glistening with contentment..!Boy! I loved that word and I told him yes we cld use that. He was bewildered at my response to his question! Lols! But whatever it is, 'progressive' is much better than 'continuous'. The drag is not there and I am looking fwd to it. . .freeing myself from the shackles of a dragging form of tense! Chow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment