Tuesday, March 24, 2009
O sayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. . . !
If you had put 'o saya' from slumdog Millionaire for the situation that I was in last evening it would have been perfect. What a run..a run.. AS THOUGH FOR GOODNESS LIFE! It was a usual day with a very unusual and exciting evening. I had to help sunny with his project at home and had some softwares installed in return. It was 7:30 by the time we got done with everything. Suddenly I realised Lalloo aunty was going to Kerala that night. However I assumed that she was going by the Alleppey express which left at 9"15. So I had lots of time to get to Central from Kodambakkam. I just had to board the local train and in minutes I would be at Park and then I could exchange goodbye kisses with her and be back. I decided to call her to ask if she was done with packing and stuff and freaks....she was at the station already. She told me that she was taking the Chennai Mail which was leaving at 8!!!! I glanced at my watch and it said 7:40! The next thing I did was switch off the computer and pull sunny out and ride my scooty with him to the station and then run and run and run up the stairs and down them and to the compartment of the local train. I wished I drove the train. With the maximum speed with which it went I still felt it could go faster. I prayed that the train shld be late atleast for ten mins. The irony of it! We complain if trains are late and if they are not we hv other problems! Well...I asked every other passenger what the time was on their watches a hundred times before I could get down at park. It was 7:53 when we reached park. And what did we see in front. A huge swarm of humans pushing their way through the subway to Central. We decided to use the road and ran and ran and ran. Fully drenched in sweat we reached Central after hearing a few people swear at us. It dint matter..we were in a hurry as they were. We almost got hit by a car. It dint matter. I had to see her before she left. I was feeling terribly sorry for not having called her before time. She was going to be away for almost a month or two and I did not want to miss seeing her off. Without her life at Chennai would be boring, well u wld say that if u dint have ur godmother near you! AND THEN WE HAD TO BUY PLATFORM TICKETS! 'Freaking don buy them', said sunny but I told him that we wld hv to pay a huge fine if caught without platform tickets or they wld seize our cell phones! And Sunny yielded. With two yellow tickets that saved our scell phones we ran and ran and ran towards platform 5. That was lots of metres away and with my high heeled sandals I could not run anymore. I was breathless but nevertheless seeing the train I was encouraged. But S6 was kilometres away ...It seemed it would take forever. I looked at the compartments as we ran the length of the train. Finally the maroon salwar, those bright eyes and the cheery chuckles..I saw Lalloo aunty! She was taken aback but I could see that she was happy though others thought I was out of my minds. I spoke to her for exactly four mins and the train pulled away. . . I sunk..Those four mins were valuable and all the running was worth it! Now I miss her! Thanks to you sunny for being my running partner! Chow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
P. T. Usha would love reading it.
She would also be jealous.
ahem...
a very GOOD Running commentary....
Ha ha that was good !!
Post a Comment