Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Interview at Dhaanish engg college!

Today I had gone to padappai to Dhaanish ahmed engg coll to attend an interview for the post of english lecturer and what a way of getting through.. There was a very formal interview and I was asked to do a presentation and I did what best i cld do. And then came the question of the year! They asked me when I was getting married! Are u engg colls kidding me?!! And then they asked me why teaching and not any other profession!..what a stupid question.. I pray for the future of Engg colleges! The place was good and the students looked at me as though I was some new student gone there to join..! That was fun...! I was challenging everyone mentally to try messing up with me so that they will get it from me later when they realise I am their mam! I enjoyed the bus ride to Padappai. Just in front of the coll there is a lake and the atmosphere was serene. I got appointed but my syndicate has advised me not to based on career prospects so i don think I will be taking it up. I learnt that its easy to get through engg coll interviews and become a lecturer for good if you knew when you will marry and why you choose teaching of all other professions!

No comments: