Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I belong there. . . An Expedition to the real world. . .

Today was a beautiful day! The climate was just perfect for a tour around the city..It was as though the sun refused to come out to the sky in shame for the blaze it spread for the past few days. And so Chennai was like heaven today.. A tuesday. . A holiday for miladi-un-nabi. . .For me it was pre planned by some merciful force just for me to set about on an expedition.. .An expedition that I always longed for. . I was tired of writing my assignment again for the second time..I was awake the whole night in fact and woke up late ...But my spirits were high. . I wanted to spend my day exploring some rural side of chennai and that's how I got myself on train with a friend to Chengelpet...The climate was aweome amd as the train pulled from one station to another my excitement rose like that of a kid's! Palm trees in rows, vast stretches of green lands, villagers playing cards in the orchards, children fishing in the ponds, teenagers playing cricket in the uneven open stretch of lands, huge hills coming along with the train, an overcast sky. . all these exotic elements were just what i wanted to relieve me off the pressure and stress I was in.. Thanks to the quiet companion who only responded to my childlike excitement and allowed me my time and space to enjoy the journey! The huge lake at Chegelpet was worth loads of admiration ..The deep waters with the still flow and the canopies that floated along here and there was a spectacle! The cool breeze to carry away all negative feelings was an added essence! While returning I had another companion sitting just opposite to me in the train who played my favourite songs on his cell phone.. We did not have a conversation but somehow all the tracks he played blended well with the climate and the journey, as though I had demanded it. What else did I need for a wonderful day! God's creation. . His plans. . .Ella pugazhum iraivanukke! Chow!

1 comment:

Dhanaraj said...

A travel in leisure is a unique joy that can not be matched.
"Oor sutruvadhu matrum Oorai sutri paarpadhu" both complement each other.