Sunday, June 28, 2009

The dream of the date with the dentist!!

Putting braces and smiling away to glory to show the shining pair of teeth was one of my dreams right from 7th grade!! You can imagine how crazy I was! I always had a feeling that my upper dentures were not down to their places and that only braces could set them right. I also liked the attraction aspect of it. Everytime I talked ppl would notice it in amazement and wonder how I manage to have them inside my mouth all the time. And as usual it was postponed for many years!! Finally when it was time to get married I had the opportunity to have them. With great excitement I looked forward to wearing them :). I knew I would have four of my teeth removed so I picked up courage and went in to have a date with the dentist!

Surprises! I had the braces in my mouth even before my teeth were pulled out. And it pained terribly for two whole days after which I had to welcome a teeth pulling session. Two from the left side first. I had thought that two from lower, i.e one from left and one from right and two from upper same way. . . And it pained terribly for the next two days. And then one more to be pulled out from the right side. It pained and I missed my NET exam cos of it.. . I was already giving up and then the dentist told me that after a month I had to remove two more from the upper dentures. So five in total. And I shrunk to my seat and sighed a yes to him. I dint expect this,, nor the pain. I could not manage. I could not open my mouth or sleep in peace during nights. I could not laugh or eat what I wanted. Passive resignation. . I never thought that my lovely dream would cost me so much. . Now I wished I had not dreamt!! Life is crazy sometimes. . Ciao!!

No comments: