Today my teacher asked me to imagine colours,
So i tried imagining,
Hues of green, orange, blue. . .
Oops a little bit of grey and then of course black,
Then shades of white, later red and then shallow yellow,
Purple, violet and stable brown.
Is that blue comin again? And then white and then red?
I did not like white and red,
But blue was lovely. . .
I kept imagining blue for a while longer,
And then for a little while longer and then forever. . .
'Now try taking it out of you' says my teacher,
What?! How can i?
And miss said i have to. . .
And i told her alright,
So i erased blue,
but it remained indelible,
It won't budge,
Its stubborn,
Blue does not look on red blood.
Atleast the colour combination is bad but it just won't budge,
I liked that nature, never yielding, stubborn, adamant,
That's me, i saw in blue, myself,
So i cherished it in me though miss said take it out.
I still have blue, i will imagine it forever. . .
So i tried imagining,
Hues of green, orange, blue. . .
Oops a little bit of grey and then of course black,
Then shades of white, later red and then shallow yellow,
Purple, violet and stable brown.
Is that blue comin again? And then white and then red?
I did not like white and red,
But blue was lovely. . .
I kept imagining blue for a while longer,
And then for a little while longer and then forever. . .
'Now try taking it out of you' says my teacher,
What?! How can i?
And miss said i have to. . .
And i told her alright,
So i erased blue,
but it remained indelible,
It won't budge,
Its stubborn,
Blue does not look on red blood.
Atleast the colour combination is bad but it just won't budge,
I liked that nature, never yielding, stubborn, adamant,
That's me, i saw in blue, myself,
So i cherished it in me though miss said take it out.
I still have blue, i will imagine it forever. . .
4 comments:
Dear Friend
Is blue your favourite colour? Or was it a favourite colour for you at that time? I think you like black better. Or else how can you explain your blog in the black background?
guess you know what blue stands for, i mean blood, Blue Blood... you dont like red, but blood is red... you like blue, so you like Blue blood as well.... the royal blood or should i say the so called royal blood....
first of all this poem is not about colours at all..they are just reflections of various points of time in my life..for eg, yellow stands for illness, white stands for fear etc..there is something that i associate with blue too and i adore it..so i just associated them with colours so that i cld be explicit...and black just provides a nice background..that's all..
Sorry i am not that smart to know whats in your mind... just reflected what i felt... guess you are into metaphysics.... anyhow its a great poetry though i could'nt get the meaning... keep writing poetry too...
Post a Comment