So until now I was challenging all my married friends that life does not change after marriage nor after kids..I mean, what could possibly change? you are still your self but just with a man that you love and a few stretch marks on your tummy..other than life does not change nor do we..We still hold on to those dreams that we always dreamt before marriage and about how we would carve our own niches and dont let our independent thinking down the drain.. Its been such a journey! At one point in time you feel marriage is necessary.. just to calm down those teenage hormones and settle down for good under a roof..you could be sipping hot chocolate on the deck outside your balcony or running with your hair strung out behind a toddler who just dropped that bottle of juice on your new recliner, but thats just the way life goes and it should not change you the person as you are..
Quite contrary to the popular notion after marriage,I saw myself going younger by the days..I felt the need to stay fit and was hitting gym almost everyday, doing my cardio and crunches, whilst secretly learning new moves from my gym mates who were rarely gymming for normal purposes like staying fit.. It looked like they were preparing for war..like crush those enemies right there, strike them with one arm and they would fall dead and lifting weights seemed as effortless as trying to catch the breeze in your hand..nevertheless, the calorie count on my treadmill put me in a zone..a rather narcissistic zone I must say..cos I imagined attaining those killer abs in half an hour of treading. That was how close I was to reality. Never mind. But I did manage to look younger and was most certainly did not look like a mother of one.. (Danger: Self pride kills!)
So the whole approach to married women by men and women is something worth observing and dissecting..There would be plots inside plots and by the time you try to figure out what exactly is the meaning behind it you would rather do the dishes and go to bed. I would confidently proclaim that if you want to earn respect you don't have to do anything philanthropic or be the good guy, you just need to get married. I like that, honestly it feels good to be respected for the work you do, so I thought. It was merely a case of formality and not respect out of recognition. If they saw a wedding ring or a metti or a thaali ( all symbols of Indian marriage, if my Canadian friends are wondering) they just have to step back a bit and throw that facade over their funny faces. If you are married, eyebrows rise in a modelling agency, no expression at a job interview, mundanity becomes your best friend and routine is a word you want to murder! Ciao!
Quite contrary to the popular notion after marriage,I saw myself going younger by the days..I felt the need to stay fit and was hitting gym almost everyday, doing my cardio and crunches, whilst secretly learning new moves from my gym mates who were rarely gymming for normal purposes like staying fit.. It looked like they were preparing for war..like crush those enemies right there, strike them with one arm and they would fall dead and lifting weights seemed as effortless as trying to catch the breeze in your hand..nevertheless, the calorie count on my treadmill put me in a zone..a rather narcissistic zone I must say..cos I imagined attaining those killer abs in half an hour of treading. That was how close I was to reality. Never mind. But I did manage to look younger and was most certainly did not look like a mother of one.. (Danger: Self pride kills!)
So the whole approach to married women by men and women is something worth observing and dissecting..There would be plots inside plots and by the time you try to figure out what exactly is the meaning behind it you would rather do the dishes and go to bed. I would confidently proclaim that if you want to earn respect you don't have to do anything philanthropic or be the good guy, you just need to get married. I like that, honestly it feels good to be respected for the work you do, so I thought. It was merely a case of formality and not respect out of recognition. If they saw a wedding ring or a metti or a thaali ( all symbols of Indian marriage, if my Canadian friends are wondering) they just have to step back a bit and throw that facade over their funny faces. If you are married, eyebrows rise in a modelling agency, no expression at a job interview, mundanity becomes your best friend and routine is a word you want to murder! Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment