Thursday, July 17, 2008
WHAT A CLASS MAN!
Today in class we were discussing about who a mother is and wat motherhood is. Almost all of them came up with the same old story of how a mother bears the child for ten months and how a father cant do that and this makes the mother more special etc. However, we have a few Feminists in class. They did not vouch for the glorification of such things cos they felt that by doing that the father never comes to the picture. In fact one of them asked," why shld the mother be the motherhood person?" I reflected on that a little. I have been a witness to and have also been a contributor to the glorification of the motherhood concept at home on several occasions. But today i realise that we do that only for our convenience and comfort. Before marriage it is always the big talk bout being the ideal couple, but after getting kids its always," she takes care of HER babies well". I am not a feminist, nor do i have intentions to promote the same. yet there are certain things that v ought to acknowledge and accept. At my place my father participates equally with my mother in household work and as a result my bro and myself have become spoilt brats.If mom was not there dad wld do it and vice versa. But still when it comes to discussing about who shld do all the work our opinions weigh more towards mom for some funny reason. I guess we have been conditioned to think this way. Oh! u dunno wat it is to be a housewife! And if there is some old person to take care of at home then that's like the peak! I came to know this wen i had to spend my time at home wen i fell ill last month.I was amazed at the levels of tolerance my mother possessed. Nevertheless she is human too. I have seen her in her fits of anger quite often. I thank today's class for making me reflect upon the matter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment